Summer bucket list
Summer has arrived….and for some it arrived sooner than expected but I know these kids are sure excited it’s here. Now it’s time to figure out what to do with the next 2 months. Last year we made a summer fun jar filled with little papers on which were written everyone’s different ideas on what to do when we had a free day. It was great fun. This year we are trying something new, a summer bucket list.
I love lists. I feel they keep me organized and on track. And while the routine of school is over I don’t plan on disorganized chaos taking over our household so we have made a summer bucket list. We actually made 2 summer bucket lists, one with the different free activities we hope to do this summer and the other with activities that seem like a whole lot of fun but don’t come for free. We came up with these ideas because they seem like fun or we’ve enjoyed them before or they come highly recommended.
Bucket List on a Budget
– Beachcombing at the ocean (White Rock, Crescent Beach, Deep Cove, Stanley Park, Belcarra are all great beach destinations)
– Go camping in the great outdoors
– Go Fishing (or at least search for crayfish in the local creeks)
– Go on a nature hike in search of wildlife and critters
– Try gold panning on the Fraser River
– Have a campfire and make smores
– Fly a Kite on a windy day
– Set up a Lemonade Stand
– Visit the local farmers markets
– Take in a country fair or parade
– Host a few BBQ’s
– Take in a fireworks show
– Visit the Othello tunnels
– Explore local festivals happening in our community (berry Festival in Abbotsford) and beyond (Harrison Festival, Steveston Salmon Festival…etc.)
– Explore some of the top 10 best hikes around Vancouver (click link to see)
And here is the start of our other list:
Bucket List that may cost a few coins:
– Richmond Night Market
– Bard on the Beach – Shakespeare
– Take a Road Trip and explore BC and beyond
– Check out the new and improved Vancouver Aquarium
– spend the day at Science World
– ride the aquabus and watch the buskers on Granville Island
– take the kids to a drive in movie or open air movie or show
Wow, those are quite the lists and the kids keep adding more every day. And I also have my bucket list of ‘To Do’s’ for around the house. It looks like we are going to enjoy one eventful summer.
We’d welcome other suggestions to add to our Bucket Lists…and if we don’t get to them all this summer there is always next year.
Now bring on the sunshine and let’s have some fun!