Fall in Love with Broccoli
Steam it, fry it, bake it, dip it or just eat it raw all by itself. Broccoli is one of those boring everyday vegetables that’s always sitting in the fridge, but you can actually make it be quite exciting! It’s also quite good for you since it’s full of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, iron and lots of other great nutrients. So why not use it tonight?
Here’s my favourite way to cook it:
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Cut up broccoli and place in a Ziploc type bag
- Poor olive oil into the bag and also sprinkle some salt and pepper in there as well
- Shake, shake, shake until all the broccoli looks coated (add more oil if needed)
- Place broccoli on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they look nice and crispy (but not too burnt) and toss them around on the pan about half way through
- Serve as a side dish as is, with rice or drizzle with some miso gravy.
Check out this link at All Recipes for a variety of recipes using broccoli.
*Keep in mind that nutritional value varies when cooked.